Get the Magazine
How can I get the October issue of Smithsonian magazine?
IMPORTANT! A print edition of the October issue of Smithsonian magazine — or a color digital edition — is necessary to solve the The Great American History Puzzle.
- Print: Print editions of Smithsonian magazine are often available at Barnes & Noble bookstores and other quality bookstores and newsstands.
- iPad: The iPad edition is a color digital edition. To access it, please download Smithsonian magazine's free app from the app store. Then open the app and purchase the October issue for $3.99.
- Nook and Kindle: Amazon and Barnes & Noble both sell digital editions for their color devices. The October issue is available there for $3.99. To purchase it, please go to their online digital newsstand and search for Smithsonian magazine. Please note: The Great American Puzzle cannot be solved from a black and white Nook or Kindle device.
- Android-based Devices: A color digital edition of the October issue of Smithsonian magazine can be found in the Google Play Store for $3.99.
- Computer: For computers, as well as some other devices, Zinio also sells color digital edition at Zinio.com.
For those who would like to view a digital replica of the issue on Smithsonian.com, please fill out the form below and follow the instructions.